BAMM has an opportunity for a Research Director to join our growing Brooklyn, New York office. We’re looking for a curious self-starter who’s interested in understanding people, and how they think and behave, and what this means for the big, strategic challenges of the world’s leading brands. Ideally, we’re looking for strategic thinkers who come from the social or behavioral sciences (e.g. psychology, neuroscience, anthropology, sociology).
This role offers the opportunity to work with a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of ethnographers, photojournalists, cultural anthropologists, survey builders, behavioral scientists, and strategists.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage large and medium-sized qualitative research studies (including, but not limited to, writing discussion guides, running consumer workshops or ethnographies, moderating (online / offline), visual analysis, building compelling insights)
- Oversee all aspects of these projects: from project design, client management, fieldwork, analysis, storytelling and delivery
- Within projects, work with the quantitative team to integrate quant findings with qual insights
- Help manage, inspire and grow the existing NYC qual team
- Help continue to develop our existing client relationships, and build new relationships
- Work with the team to create PowerPoint deck storylines for client, internal, and new business projects that drive consumer, cultural and brand understanding
- Oversee our qualitative fieldwork partner relationships
- Attend and contribute to all internal team meetings and brainstorms
- Attend client meetings, and help respond to client questions and requests when needed
- Keep abreast of the newest findings on human decision-making, and ensure behavioral science theory is consistently applied to all our clients’ work